You might already have everything at home that you need for this quick and stunningly beautiful DIY-Project. Use the early evenings of autumn and make this beautiful wreath, a necklace or a brooch out of this tiny flowers.
Sometimes I really need a break from all this stitching and thus I tried this weekend something new!
I made petite flowers just out of wire and nail polish and the final product is simply stunning.
Everybody can make it so here a small tutorial on how to make these flowers.
Thin Wire (Gold or Silver. The thinner the better)
Nailpolish (any will do. I used here an Essie)
A stick (or any long round object)
Pliers (not necessary really)
2) Take the stick or any round long object and put a loop of the wire around it. I used here a approx. 10cm long wire piece. I used here the handle of a makeup brush. The object shouldn't be too big though or the nail polish surface will not form.
3) Now rotate your stick with the wire loop around it. The loop gets winded at the end and the loop is finished.
4) This is how a finished loop looks. I wind the stick two times normally.
5) Repeat until you have 5 loops. I found 5 loops the prettiest. You can also mix it up for your wreath and make some smaller flowers with less petals.
6) The two loose wire ends should be twisted so that the loops stay together.
7) Pinch the loop a bit so that they get oval and wrap the oval loop around your stick so that they get a nice curve. Straight petals don't look natural.
8) Now get your nail polish. Due to surface tension the nail polish will stay in the loops. For that to take place you have to take the brush and stroke over the loops.
- If the surfaces break put your brush back into the container and use it soaked with nail polish.
- Work over some paper. It can get messy!
- Dry the flower petals on paper. The nail polish can run out of the loops if you used too much.
Liked my Tutorial?Please subscribe my Facebook page for more updates or add me on Bloglovin or follow me with your Feedly reader